Kodi is one of the best ways to watch classic movies How to watch classic movies on Kodi for free How to watch classic movies on Kodi for free Kodi has nothing to do with illegal Game of Thrones streaming. Instead, you can use Kodi to watch free classic movies without resorting to anything illegal. Read More But its real strength lies in its availability of plugins.
The official Kodi repository has dozens of them, and there's an almost endless supply of third-party content. However, not all Kodi addons are suitable for young eyes.
So what can you do if you have kids who frequently stream media on your Kodi device? Fortunately, Kodi comes with built-in parental controls. Let's take a closer look.
How to enable parental controls on Kodi
To activate parental controls and create a PIN, follow the instructions below:
- Open the Kodi app.
- Click the Settings menu in the lower right corner.
- Choose PVR and Live TV Settings .
- From the menu on the left side of the screen, select Parental Controls .
- Toggle the switch next to Enable in the In position.
- Click Change PIN .
- Enter your desired lock code.
- Choose a length of time before the channel automatically locks again.
Parental controls are just one of the many hidden features of Kodi. Here is a list of some other amazing features you may not know about:
- Share your Kodi library How to sync or share your Kodi media library across multiple devices How to sync or share your Kodi media library across multiple devices There are two ways to sync or share your Kodi media library across multiple devices . In this article, we explain the easy way. Read more on multiple devices
- Setting up a remote for the Kodi app How to set up a Kodi remote How to set up a Kodi remote So you've installed Kodi successfully? Now you just need to add a remote! In this article we explain how to easily set up a Kodi remote. Read more
- Watch Live TV on Kodi How to Watch Live TV on Kodi How to Watch Live TV on Kodi Cutting the cord can mean losing access to live TV. However, there are several ways to watch live TV on Kodi. Read more
- Record Live TV How to Watch Live TV with Kodi and NextPVR How to Watch Live TV with Kodi and NextPVR Watch and record TV for free with your PC. It's perfectly legal, and a free Windows program called NextPVR makes the process (relatively) simple. Read more to watch later
- Play Kodi Retro Games on a Raspberry Pi How to Run Kodi and Retro Games on Your Raspberry Pi How to Run Kodi and Retro Games on your Raspberry Pi Want to use your Raspberry Pi for Kodi and retro gaming at the same time? Here's how to install Kodi as an app and how to launch it with a retro game. Read more
And remember, if this all sounds too complicated, check out our guide to Kodi for beginners and our collection of the most important Kodi tips to learn 7 Essential Kodi Tips for New Users 7 Essential Kodi Tips for New Users If you're just starting your trip to Kodi and have no idea where to start, we are here to help you with these essential tips for Kodi beginners. Read more.