Despite Riot Games kicking off Valorant Episode 4 with a bang, subsequent patches have been sparse and mostly gameplay-focused.
ContentsDeathmatch ChangesAGENT UPDATESGAME SYSTEM UPDATESBUGSCOSMETIC UPDATES
Patch 4.03 follows the same pattern, focusing on improving many areas of the Deathmatch game as well as providing American controller Brimstone with some quality of life improvements to his iconic ultimate.
So, here's a quick breakdown of what's new in Valorant Hotfix 4.03.\
While Deathmatch is still a niche mode compared to Spike Rush and standard and ranked playlists, Riot gave it some love.
Death times have been reduced from 3 seconds to 2.5 seconds, and new mechanics will ensure you spawn further away from where you were killed. They'll also make sure you don't spawn in "dangerous" places that would almost certainly require you to be hit immediately.
Additionally, adjustments have been made so you can revive against attackers rather than being shot in the back.
- Brimstone's ultimate now properly blocks gameplay visibility while active
- You will no longer see enemies on the minimap until the ultimate.
- Abilities that require line of sight (lightning bolts, Sova recon pulses) will no longer apply through ultimate.
GAME SYSTEMS UPDATES
- Added option to revert to strongest weapon
- You can now revert to the most powerful weapon by pressing the "Equip Last Used" button or by auto-equipping a weapon.
- To enable, go to Settings>> Controls>> Equipment under "Most Powerful Weapon Priority".
- Fixed a bug where Chamber's Headhunter and Tour de Force could fly away
- Fixed an exploit where, using specific alignments, it was possible to see inside Viper's ultimate without being affected by the myopia debuff
- Fixed a bug where Viper's ultimate would sometimes fail to expand through doors
- Updates to the color of the tile used to display sprays in your collections
- Some sprays were too close to the color of the original tile and were difficult to see properly before using them in-game.